â€‹Ground Cover Vines
Ground Cover Vines Many Benefits in Landscaping
Ground covers can be an essential part of your landscaping design because of their versatility and easy maintenance. You can choose from a wide range of ground cover plants to serve several different needs. Vine plants offer certain advantages for landscaping to keep in mind.
Advantages of Ground Cover Vines
- Ground cover vines can be the perfect solution for a variety of landscaping problems.â€
- Vining plants offer an alternative to turf grass, adding texture and interest.
- Ground cover plants provide attractive greenery to plant on hillsides or in areas where maintaining is impossible.
- Ground cover plants help stop soil erosion in prone areas and areas near water.
- Ground cover vine makes a carpet-like appearance that is lush and attractive.
- Ground cover is available in many varieties for different effects.
- It fills in bare ground areas and prevents weeds.
Hedera helix, commonly called English ivy, is a famous ground cover that provides evergreen, 9-inch high foliage that's attractive and easy to maintain. It can tolerate a variety of soil types and can grow in either moist or dry conditions. However, they should remove it from trees to protect their growth.
Vinca minor often called periwinkle, is a low-growing, evergreen ground cover that produces small purple flowers and delicate leaves. It prefers well-drained soil and partial shade locations. However, it does not do well in entire sun areas.
Pachysandra in various species can be used as a vining ground cover in shady areas, where it successfully competes for the limited sun. The leaves are evergreen and dark in color, with a whorled growth pattern. The plants produce tiny, off-white colored flowers in early spring.
Botanical name Euonymous fortunei is another fast-growing ground cover that can use to cover large areas quickly. It prefers a sunny location and moist, well-drained soil. It produces tiny flowers, but they are inconspicuous.
The range of vining ground covers available offers several choices for landscaping areas of your property that require foliage cover with a minimum of maintenance.