- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
- Buy 100 - 250 and get 20% off
- Buy 251 - 500 and get 30% off
- Buy 501 - 2500 and get 40% off
- Buy 2501 - 30000 and get 50% off
- For people who love gardening, mulch is one of the greatest blessings to enrich the nutrients of the soil.
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
Leaf mulch – 5-gallon bags are full of trace minerals that the trees have drawn up from the deep soil. The mulch helps the heavy soils become lighter and the sandy soil to hold in more of the moisture. When you add the mulch to your garden in the fall during the off gardening season, it will feed the earthworms and the other microbes. Covering the cold hardy vegetables with leaf mulch like your carrots and beets you will be able to harvest them all winter. You can also use leave mulch to make leaf mold, which is high in calcium, magnesium and it holds three to five times its weight in water which can rival that of peat moss. And the flower gardens look lovely with leaf mulch, which is also an excellent source of carbon to help with the nitrogen balance, and then, of course, the mulch can help to insulate the most tender plants. And can be purchased in five-gallon bags.
Making Your Own Leaf Mulch
If you have trees on your property, you may want to consider making your own leaf mulch. It is best to avoid walnut, camphor laurel, and eucalyptus leaves because they may work against a plants growth.
1. Gather leaves and grass clipping in the fall, trying to keep the leaves dry enough to shred.
2. Shred them with a lawnmower or shredder.
3. Add them to a wire compost bin (3' x 3') in about 12-18 inches layers
4. Add a layer of grass clippings. You can also use a cup of bone meal, urea, or ammonium nitrate to add nutrients.
5. Sprinkle with water, getting the layer moist but not soaked.
6. Repeat until full.
7. Cover your bins using a tarp or some other plastic over the winter.
8. Uncover in spring to begin using the mulch. The white fungus found on the leaves is beneficial to the plants.
Leaf mulch is also available at your home and garden centers.