Helpful Gardening Tips
Goes Well With
We dig plants when your order is received, and ship immediately via US Priority Mail. You will receive a tracking number via email when plants are shipped. All plants are packed to be safe in their packages for up to 3 days after receipt.
How We Protect Your Plants For Transit
We sell only bare root plants. We dip the roots in tera-sorb silicone gel to retain ample moisture for transit and surround with plastic. This provides superior protection for plants in transit for up to 12 days.
Upon Receipt Of Your Plants
Open your plants and inspect the same day received. We guarantee your plants to be in excellent condition and arrive alive. If you have any problems with your order, please contact us via email (do not call us, email us with pictures) and state the problem and photos of the problem along with your order # to email@example.com within 24 hours of order receival. No exceptions to this warranty so please, if you have any problems, we must receive an email within 24 hours of delivery.
Sweet Gum Tree Seedlings are a Towering Deciduous
Reaching astronomical heights of up to one-hundred feet when adequately cared for; sweet gum trees form a symmetrical cone-like design, enhancing the yard's appearance. Ideal for planting in a gardening landscape, the sweet gum brings about not only beautiful but is inviting to numerous wildlife as well. Some of which include beavers, squirrels, white-tailed deer, and wood ducks.
Sweet Gum Tree Seedlings is Inviting to Numerous Wildlife
There are several steps to take when growing sweet gum tree seedlings for successful tree growth. Below are special instructions to help get started.
1. Put the sweet gum seedlings into a resealable plastic Ziploc baggie and filling it with a cup of dampened mineral enriched soil. Putting it in the refrigerator for between one and three months, checking the soil periodically for dryness and adding water as needed.
2. Using ten-inch flowerpots, put a mixture of three parts peat moss, a single layer of loam (a clay combination of clay & sand), then a layer of coarse sand. Next, take the unique mixture and soak for a total of twenty minutes.
3. Now it's time to sow the sweet gum seedlings, placing two per pot and pressing them down into the peat moss combination. Using around 1/16 of coarse sand and spreading it thinly on top of seedlings. Slightly moisten and allow to settle for several hours.
4. Put the potted seedlings onto a Southern facing enclosed porch or deck, allowing partial sunlight to reach them. Checking periodically to ensure soil mixture does not dry out.
5. Make sure to water sweet gum seedlings throughout the week when the soil feels dry. Keeping at least one inch of moisture inside of flower pot.
6. Within twenty to thirty days, the germination process should begin to take place. Especially, when kept in temperatures of seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit. As sweet gum seedlings start to grow, if both plants should successfully germinate, place seedlings in their separate pots.
7. Place the newly potted seedlings into an area with partial shade during the summer. Watering them every two weeks or when dry to the touch, keeping the water level at a two-inch level. When winter arrives, transfer sweet gum plants to a sunny location.
8. Now sweet gum trees should be large enough to transplant into a garden landscape when summertime arrives. Just make sure the temperature is at least sixty degrees Fahrenheit before transplanting. Spacing them twenty-five feet from each other and adding some mildly acidic peat moss. Giving the trees, plenty of water during the warm summer months.
The above sweet gum Tree growth steps should lead to a prosperous gardening future filled with gorgeous sweet gum trees. Hardy in planting zone 6-9. The growth rate is more than 2 feet each year. Sweet Gum Trees seedlings at maturity can grow 60-75 feet tall and 50-75 feet wide. This seedling makes an excellent shade tree and can cut cooling cost due to the shade it provides. It can be used to create a fragrant bitter chewing gum from the dried sap. (Not so sweet) In the fall the leaves will turn brilliant red, orange and even purple. This variety is a late bloomer then it will have fruit in summer that will stay on in winter. Plant deep in the moist soil and are usually found in New England down to Florida. Tea made from the bark for medicinal purposes.
Sweet Gum Tree Seedlings is For Sale at TN Wholesale Nursery with Low Prices and Fast Shipping